Western Harbours Alliance (WHA) strives for a sustainable-solutions approach to planning a new port: promoting full and open discussions of the opportunities and challenges involved, providing public forums and important communication channels to planners and decision-makers, and participating in the Government’s Westport Taskforce established in 2017.
WA’s economic future is here
The creation of a world-class port at Kwinana will bring great economic, employment and social benefits for the people of Western Australia.
Western Harbours Alliance (WHA) advocates for a new port providing:
- an efficient supply chain,
- connected industrial park with intermodal facilities,
- protection of the Western Trade Coast industrial zone,
- protection of environmentally sensitive areas, and
- rejuvenation of the Fremantle waterfront.
Who are we?
Based in Perth, Western Australia, Western Harbours Alliance is an independent, not for profit community group. Its members are a diverse coalition of business, community, government, academic individuals and organisations willing to work collaboratively to achieve our vision.